My fam damily

My fam damily

Friday, January 20, 2012

♥ 10 weeks ♥

Today marks my 10th week in pregnancy!  How exciting!  I just ordered a Sonoline B Fetal Doppler so that we can hear the baby's heartbeat :)  I can't wait to get it and try it out!  I told Bo what I ordered and he said, "that's so f-ing cool.  I'm so excited."  Lol awww.
This is me at 9 weeks! 
Well, things have gone pretty smooth so far.  I've dealt with a lot of nausea but I haven't actually barfed so that's good lol.  I've pretty much figured out how to avoid nausea for the most part, I just stick with certain foods!  So I eat a lot of cereal lol.  Normally I love to cook but not at the moment.  The smell of meat cooking makes me lose any appetite I might have had.  I did manage to cook spaghetti Monday and I ate it, so I am hoping the worst part of my nausea is over. 

My first doctor's appointment is Tuesday!!  It seems like it took forever to finally get it here!  I just can't wait to see that little babe and see how he/she is doing :)  Bo is going to take the day off so that he can come with me.  It's cute how excited he is about the baby.  He always gives me a kiss and then pats my belly.  A few weeks ago, he said the funniest thing.  We were talking and I was telling him what I had read about the development so far and how big the baby is and he says, "I wish your belly was see-through so I could see what was going on."  It made me laugh, he reminds me of a kid sometimes.  He is going to be a great dad :)

So here is some info on what's going on with the little one.  I took this from the app I have on my Facebook page :)

**Fetal development in pregnancy: Week 10**

~length
1.4 in | 3.5 cm
~weight
0.14 oz | 4 g
Your astonishingly tiny baby has been growing as fast as possible, almost doubling in size in the past three weeks, which they'll re-do within the next three weeks!
Your tiny champion still weighs less than a quarter of an ounce but has already completed the most critical stage of their development.
Using Doppler technology, you can hear their tiny rapid fetal heartbeats this week (145-165 beats per minute!). Chances for miscarriage are greatly reduced when the heartbeat can be detected, so take a sigh of relief if you've been needing one. It hasn’t been an easy ten weeks!
In other digestive news, you're now carrying a tiny poo-factory as your little one now sports a functioning digestive tract capable of moving food all the way through to their bowels!
And the final shiny gold star on their fetal behavior chart for the week: your little scrapper has already developed defense mechanisms to protect them on reflex!

No comments:

Post a Comment