Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Braid
Broccoli cheddar chicken braid for dinner... sooo good!
You will need:
2 cans Crescent Rolls (I used the reduced fat ones)
2 cups cooked chicken chunks
2 cups Cheddar Cheese (I used sharp)
2 cups steamed chopped broccoli
1/2 cup light Mayo
1 egg yolk
Rosemary (I used what I had in my seasoning cupboard or you could buy some fresh rosemary too)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Spray some non stick spray onto a cookie sheet, and spread both cans of crescents length wise to form a long rectangle.
3. Press each of the seams to form a single layer of dough.
4. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, broccoli and mayo.
5. Spread mixture over the center of the croissant dough evenly to create a log.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut horizontal strips 1 inch apart down each side of the crescent dough.
7. Fold the dough strips over the top of the mixture, alternating left and right to create a braid.
8. Brush the top of the braid with a beaten egg yolk and sprinkle rosemary on top.
9. Bake for 28-30 until golden brown. (I cooked mine for 40 minutes to get the dough a bit crispier, that's just how we like it)
It's really easy! And yummy!