Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Saturday, August 22, 2015
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Friday, May 22, 2015
Looking for a side dish perfect for all of this summer's BBQ's? This one is it. Perfect for large groups since it makes a lot, and it's a unique change from the typical potato and macaroni salads. Everyone always asks for the recipe once they've tried it!
1 (16 oz) package tri-color rotini pasta
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (11 oz) can mexican style corn, drained
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
1/2 cup italian style salad dressing, or more to taste
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
1/2 lime, juiced
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water, place in fridge to cool.
2. Mix black beans, corn, green chilies, italian dressing, mexican cheese, cilantro, taco seasoning and lime juice together in a bowl. Add rotini and lightly stir to combine.
3. All done! This tastes best freshly mixed, so it is ideal to wait until right before serving to mix the rotini with the sauce mixture. To refresh leftovers, just add a little bit of italian dressing and stir to combine!
Enjoy! Take a picture and share how yours turned out! Or share any yummy extras you added!
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
This is such a delicious recipe, I found it on Pinterest and OMG! So good. Perfect fix for that sweet tooth and best part, it's good for you!
4-5 Bosc Pears
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Cut pears in half and remove core
2. Place on 8x11 baking dish cut part facing down
3. Mix together honey, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon in sauce pan. Cool at med/high setting, bring just to a boil stirring occasionally, and remove from heat.
4. Drizzle sauce over pears and cook for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Spoon any extra sauce over pears and serve :)
Monday, March 23, 2015
I. Love. Guacamole.
Let me repeat.
I. LOVE. Guacamole.
Ok, now that I have confessed my love, let me tell you I have recently found a delicious recipe for... You guessed it. Guacamole!
It's hard to get a good pic of guacamole I decided... Just trust me. It's good.
Ok, so here is what you'll need:
3 has avocados
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 lime, juiced
1 tbsp cilantro
1 poblano pepper, grilled and diced
1 corn on cob, grilled until slightly charred and kernels removed
Combine all ingredients into medium bowl. I like my avocado with chunks so I used a potato masher and then mixed it all up with a spoon.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Charred corn and poblanos from the grill give this salsa great roasted flavors! You can control the level of heat you want with the amount of jalepenos you use, or none at all for a sweet corn salsa! This salsa goes perfect with chips or in shrimp tacos!
3 poblano peppers, sliced in half and seeds removed
2 ears of corn
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 of 4oz can jalepenos, or less depending on how much fire you like!
(I used half, it was very spicy and I like spicy. I think 1/4 of the can might be the perfect amount so I will try that next time)
1. Heat grill.
2. Once ready, spray corn with olive oil spray and season with salt & pepper.
3. Place corn and poblanos on grill. Cook on all sides until slightly charred.
4. Meanwhile, add red pepper and cilantro into a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper
5. Remove from grill. Allow corn to cool. Dice peppers and cut kernels off cob.
6. Add corn and poblanos into bowl with other ingredients. Mix well. Add lime juice and taste for season. Adjust with salt and pepper if needed.
7. Serve immediately or chill in fridge.