My fam damily

My fam damily

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Delicious Baked Mayo Parmesan Chicken

I found several variations of this low-carb, Keto friendly recipe with rave reviews and had to try it myself!  It did not disappoint.

This chicken was moist and flavorful, it's one that I will for sure be making more regularly!  And best of all, it is super easy to make!


Ingredients:
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup full fat mayo
6 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
3/4 tsp garlic powder
ground black pepper to taste 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.  Spray baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
Put each breast inside a small ziploc bag and pound with a meat mallet until the chicken is an even thickness.  Then cut small, shallow crosswise slits going down each chicken breast, being careful not to cut through.
Mix the mayo and seasonings, then stir in the parmesan.  Put chicken breasts into the baking dish and spread the mixture over the top of each chicken breast, covering the entire surface.  I used a spatula to spread.
Bake the chicken for 35 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the top is nicely browned.   



I only used two breasts, because they were gigantic!  The two made four servings, we ended up just cutting them in half.


I know a lot of Keto-ers will say Best Foods Mayo is NOT Keto.  But, it was all I had.    


 I think next time I will try putting some real bacon crumbles on top, or mixed in with the mayo and Parmesan.  Because, bacon.

I found the original recipe on www.kalynskitchen.com 

On MyFitnessPal, I figured this recipe to be 
350 calories per serving
2.5g carbs
21g fat
42g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment