My fam damily

My fam damily

Monday, December 2, 2013

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake





This was my first year having Thanksgiving at my house.  I was a bit nervous about the whole thing, what if the turkey was dry?  What if I didn't make enough food for everyone?  Or burned something?  But I am so proud of myself because everything turned out amazing!

I had never made a cheese cake.  Or a pumpkin pie.  Or home made pie crust.  BUT I did all of that in this one delicious recipe (Well, 2 actually.  Crust and the pie).  Every body loved it!  It is definitely a keeper and the pie crust was awesome!  

I found both recipes on www.allrecipes.com :)

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake:
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2.  In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.  Beat until smooth.  Blend in eggs one at a time.  Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
3.  Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended.  Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
4.  Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.  Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.  Cover with whipped topping before serving.


Pie crust:
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup white sugar
6 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 

Directions:
1.  Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter or margarine, and cinnamon until well blended.  Press mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
2.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 minutes.  Cool.  If the recipe calls for unbaked pie shell, just chill for one hour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment